Thursday, July 31, 2008

County Fair

So, I was going to do a post about our anniversary complete with PICTURES, of course, but I got carried away deleting old pics from my camera and lost them. So, now that I'm done crying about that, (actually I didn't really cry), I guess I'll do another post.

Today we went to the county fair. So fun! The kids loved petting all the animals, or at least the ones smaller than them, playing in the sandbox, going on the carnival rides, and trying all the ice cream flavors in the homemade ice cream contest. I voted for the raspberry. YUM!!


P.S. We had a great anniversary. We went on a backpacking trip in the Uintas. It was my first time backpacking, but Tony had been several times. We drove about an hour to get to the bottom of the trail, then did a short hike--about 3 or 4 miles. We camped near Alligator Lake and just had a peaceful time. It was so beautiful. You'll have to picture it in your minds, I guess, instead of on your computer screen. We were surrounded by pine trees, and the silence was amazing. We set up a tent and cooked our dinner over the fire. In the morning, we packed up and were home by 10:00. A fun, short trip.

2 comments:

The Martinez Fam said...

Happy Anniversary! It's so nice to be able to get away, even if it is only for one night. Isn't the fair the best thing for kids? My kids loved it when we went in Casper and now Lincoln County Fair is this week, so I'm excited to take them again! What cute pictures--and I can totally picture the scenery you described!!:)

bre said...

I still can't believe how big your kids are getting! That's so crazy...They're super cute though. Sounds like the fair was good times for them.