Friday, February 6, 2009

By Request . . . Guacamole paradise!!!

So, I've had a few requests for the guacamole recipe that is good enough to be my favorite food served with tortilla chips. So, here it is:

2 jalapeno chilies
2 ripe large avacados
2 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
Tortilla chips, if desired

1. Remove stems, seeds and membranes from chilies; chop chilies. Cut avacados lengthwise in half; remove pit and peel. Mash avacados.

2. Mix chilies, avacados, and remaining ingredients except tortilla chips (duh!) in glass or plastic bowl.

3. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors. Serve with tortilla chips.

YUM, YUM, YUM!! (Thanks to Betty Crocker.)

P.S. After I had posted this, I felt prompted to add the following warning: Enjoy in moderation--unless you're going to be home with no guests for a couple days. In that case, eat it all! (I think you know what I'm talking about. :)

3 comments:

Chris and Beth Will said...

I tried this a few months ago, after you pointed it out to me when you visited in Oct. We loved it! I love how it has so many other things (beside the avocado) in it.

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Thanks! Tried this tonight and it was awesome!

Lindsay said...

Hi Taffy, I love checking out your blog and I was wanting to make some good guac and I remembered you posted a recipe, I tried it tonight and it was SO GOOD! Hopefully you don't mind if I add this recipe to my cooking blog so I can have the recipe on hand, I will credit you on the recipe for sure! ;) Thanks for sharing this recipe!