Today Connor brought home a book about earthquakes. He prefers non-fiction, and likes books that tell us something "important." So earthquakes was the choice this week at library. As we were reading this "bedtime story?" it taught about earthquakes of different magnitudes. It also had a map of the US showing where small, moderate, and major earthquakes occur. We discovered that we live right on the border of the small and moderate zones. We also learned that some earthquakes can barely be felt, and as we read about that, Connor interrupted me with a great theory. "Mom, you know when you're having a dream and you feel like you're falling?!? I bet that's actually a small earthquake, but we just don't know it because we're sleeping!" Possibly . . . possibly. Not a bad theory for a 6 year old.
2 comments:
Gotta love kids' theories. Sometimes they actually make sense and make me think, "Why didn't I think of that?" Good one, Connor. :) I know the one earthquake I have been in, I felt something like that.
What a smart kid. I love it when my children come up with theories that make much more sense than what I've always come up with. Living with kids is so great!
Post a Comment