Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fruits of our Labors

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL fall day, and I enjoyed it by spending a little time in the garden harvesting our root vegetables. We got some small onions, a few carrots, and three types of potatoes. Although our harvest was pretty meager, I'm excited about enjoying our home-grown vegetables. It was one of those days where you're sure you need a sweater, and you start out with one, but after working for about five minutes, you take it off and feel just right in your shirt sleeves. I just wish I could somehow blog the smell and the feel of the crisp fall air yesterday, but alas, all you get is a picture of our meager harvest and one of Mylie Jo enjoying a yummy carrot.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, your harvest looks amazing!! I'm loving the air in Logan too...I think fall is my new favorite season!!

Audrey said...

that doesn't look too meager - I am very impressed! You are amazing. I need to get to work and do a garden - it feels so rewarding when you get to eat the fruits (or veggies) of your labor! Good work

Chris and Beth Will said...

that looks great! Our carrots were so small and tiny. I would love to have enough room to plant some potatoes.
It all looks delicious.

Violet Rose said...

Way to go, Taffy! That looks like a great harvest. Mylie is so cute...miss you guys!