Monday afternoon, we headed to Salt Lake for our 2nd annual family Christmas trip. It was GREAT once again. We followed our schedule from last year, eating at the Mayan, staying at a hotel downtown (thank you, priceline!), seeing the lights at temple square, and swimming at the hotel. This year, we went equiped with 7 loaves of homemade bread to give to people who may need it around temple square, but we could only find 3 people to share our bread with! Oh well. The kids still got the spirit of it. Here are a couple pics of our fun trip.


Tuesday night, we got a babysitter and Tony and I went to an ugly Christmas sweater party. This is an annual event hosted by Tony's sister. And this year . . . drumroll . . . Tony won! The real vote-getter was his Christmas star belt buckle which stayed lit all night by his mini-generator, which he carried around faithfully throughout the party. (Connor was our photographer, and I guess he hasn't learned not to take a picture when somebody is rubbing their lips together!)

Tony's family all came to the ranch this Christmas, so the kids have had TONS of cousin time these past few days, which would probably keep them happy even without the presents. I won't bore you with any pictures of what they got, but they were excited. Mariah didn't care a bit about what was inside the presents, but she was completely obsessed with opening them!

My favorite gift was a surprise from Tony--a beautiful picture of the Salt Lake temple to go above our bed in my newly decorated bedroom. This picture, of course, doesn't do it justice, and the wall color still looks NOTHING like the real thing. Oh well. You get the idea.
Finally, today my entire family came over for dinner and a gift exchange here. It was so fun to have them. I really wish I would have taken some pictures, but I forgot. The highlight for me was a coupon from my dad for a trip to Phoenix with him and all my sisters this summer for a Phoenix Mercury WNBA basketball game. I can hardly wait! Thanks again, Dad!

My favorite gift was a surprise from Tony--a beautiful picture of the Salt Lake temple to go above our bed in my newly decorated bedroom. This picture, of course, doesn't do it justice, and the wall color still looks NOTHING like the real thing. Oh well. You get the idea.Finally, today my entire family came over for dinner and a gift exchange here. It was so fun to have them. I really wish I would have taken some pictures, but I forgot. The highlight for me was a coupon from my dad for a trip to Phoenix with him and all my sisters this summer for a Phoenix Mercury WNBA basketball game. I can hardly wait! Thanks again, Dad!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well. I love this time of year!!!
2 comments:
fantastic idea about taking the bread to temple square! looks like fun times!
sounds like you had a great Christmas. i love the picture of the temple.
Great idea on the ugly sweater/belt buckle. We might have to steal that idea for next year!
Post a Comment