Wednesday, June 16, 2010

~CRUISE~LAST DAY~

The final day of our cruise was spent on Royal Caribbean's private island in the Bahamas:
Coco Cay was BEAUTIFUL and so much fun! In the morning, we played like kids. We decided to do the inflatable water slide and aqua park. The videos at the end of this post will show that. We had a blast!
Then we had lunch. There was an incredible barbeque that was inclusive with the cruise there on the island. It was a HUGE buffet with all the important barbeque food like hamburgers, corn on the cob, fried chicken, salads, etc. After lunch, we went on the nature walk through the middle of the island where all the native trees and plants are growing. It was beautiful. We saw a few iguanas, which are probably as common there as squirrels are to us. This one was HUGE!
After the nature walk, we just relaxed on the beach and played around out in the water for awhile. Then we had one last hoorah by going down the slide a few more times before we had to say goodbye to Coco Cay and get back on the boat.

That night wasn't quite as fun, simply because despite applying our SPF30 three times during the day, we were both FRIED. I really could hardly bring my arms up to wash my hair without crying because my shoulders hurt so bad. Either our sunscreen was a dud, or we just didn't understand how intense the sun is on the beach like that.

Anyway, the next day was super long, just flying home with long waits in airports, but eventually we made it, and I got to see my cute kids again! Even though I had such an incredible time, when it was over, I was ready to be home with the kids and get back to my real life once again. And as happy as I am, living my day to day life, I am already kind of starting to plan our next vacation.

3 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Looks like you had such a fun time! Where are you planning to vacation next?

Taffy and Tony said...

I hope Washington, D.C. and NYC. We'll see.

Ashlie said...

How fun! Looks like a gorgeous place!