Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's HERE!!!

Christmas time, that is. It's December 1st, and I have all my Christmas decor set up. And I almost enjoyed doing it this year. I'm kind of a scrooge when it comes to setting up the Christmas decorations. It's not that I don't like decorating (see previous post)--it's just that I don't like doing it and then RE-doing it just a month later! But it's up, and I am enjoying it.


Sunday evening we set up the tree. The kids were SOOO excited, and had to put on their Christmas shirts from last year, which were in one of the boxes we brought up. Connor's looks fine, and then it gets progressively worse as you go down in age! Apparently, Mariah has had the biggest growth spurt of the three this past year! They love putting up all our special ornaments one at a time. They're not very evenly spaced, it definitely isn't a pretty tree, but it's our tree, and we love it!


Last night, we were able to get even more into the Christmas spirit by going to the 1st grade Christmas concert. There are 5 first grades, and Connor's was the last class to perform, so the girls were a little impatient waiting. And then we got this:
Their music teacher, Mr. Dobbins, has worked really hard to teach the kids concert etiquette, and part of that is looking at the director and not looking around the auditorium during the performance. Boy did Connor do a good job of that! Mr. Dobbins was directing from the side of the stage over by the piano so that he wouldn't block anybody's view of their child, so we saw a lot of the SIDE of Connor' super-concentrated singing face. It was a cute show!

7 comments:

Violet Rose said...

LOVE the post! I especially love Mariah's pop-belly hanging out of the bottom of her shirt in the pic with Connor and Mylie. I wish I could have heard Connor's concert, that sounds like such a fun treat. Way to go, Connor!

Briant and Clyda Teichert Family said...

Love this, especially the picture with Mariah's belly!! Her face is priceless too! I love it!!

bre said...

Lol, I have to agree with your sisters....that picture totally made me laugh! Your kids just keep getting bigger and bigger! Love reading your blog!

(ugh! Just realized I used a ! after every statement. I apologize...lol)

Ashlie said...

The belly is classic. That will be a timeless favorite for sure.

Unknown said...

Mariah's shirt/belly is truly adorable, and incredibly hilarious!! So funny!

Violet Rose said...

Austin said Mariah looks like a little Santa Clause with her belly hangin out her shirt. He said she's so stinkin' cute! We had a good little chuckle...

Shari Davis said...

yep. I laughed at the cute little belly too. You have a beautiful family Taffy and I really enjoy reading your posts. They're so upbeat and uplifting.