Saturday, February 18, 2012

NORMAL

So, in looking over my blog lately, and in reading others' blogs, I have come to the conclusion that I don't do a good enough job capturing the NORMAL, day-to-day activities of my family. Anytime we're doing something super fun and exciting, of course, I have my camera there ready! But what about the things our lives are really made of? I need to document those things as well. So here is a little bit of our NORMAL for February:


Normally, we eat a lot. And I have two fantastic helpers almost every night helping me with dinner. Mariah loves helping me make bread, and making her own small loaf. And Mylie felt pretty proud of herself making these mini pizzas almost all by herself!




I also spend a whole lot of time with my adorable Mariah. She is excellent at playing alone and can entertain herself for long periods of time, perfectly happy. A couple of her favorite things to do are dance and do puzzles. And, as in the puzzle picture, make cheesy poses for the camera. Or maybe she's just that excited about doing that huge floor puzzle all by herself!




We had a really fun family Valentines dinner. The kids thought it was pretty fancy since we had candlelight, decorative napkins, and used the fancy dishes. (Mylie and Mariah don't look too excited in this picture, but really they were!) And the meal was oh-so-good: heart-shaped chicken pockets, asparagus, and fruit salad, with sparkling apple-grape juice to drink and nutty torte for dessert! YUM.



And we can't talk about normal in February without a word about basketball. So far, not including the game we'll be going to today, we've been to two of Tony's games, one of Tessa's, and listened to two others on the radio. Doesn't this Buffs fan look adorable in her purple?

3 comments:

Randi said...

what a cute family valentines diner! love that

Amberly said...

It is fun to read the fun things people do, but I love the normal day to day posts the best. Plus it is nice to look back at your blog later and see the normal things you would have forgotten about if you hadn't posted it.

Lori Conger said...

I think you are remarkable, Taffy. You are such a dedicated mother and wife. I love reading your blog.