During the first week of August, my parents went on a trip to see my brother in Texas. Mom's raspberries were on, so she needed people to come pick which she was gone. So, as a favor to my mom (haha!), my sister-in-law, Angela, and I headed over one day and picked like crazy! We brought home so many berries! It was amazing! I was able to freeze so many, make a ton of jam, and have lots just to eat, put in cereal, and make raspberry shakes with. Best favor I've ever done for somebody! Thanks, Mom, for the great opportunity to serve. :)
While we were there, I also snapped a few pics of her yard. When people here in the valley see my yard, they're always so complimentary, and although I thank them, I can't help but add, "It's nice, and I enjoy it, but you should see my mom's!" And when people from Cokeville ask me if I garden like my mom, I'm quick to say, "Yes, I garden. But not like my mom!" There just is no comparison. Her place is simply amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment