A couple days ago, I overheard my sister (who is expecting her second baby next month) talking with my mom. She was wondering how she'll have enough love for two children when she already loves her son so much. I remember asking my mom the same exact question when I was pregnant with my second. She also wondered if she would feel guilty that she couldn't spend as much one on one time with the second that she could with the first. But I didn't wonder or worry about these things this time around. I already knew the answer. Somehow Heavenly Father just gives mothers more love with each child. You don't have more time, but you have enough love for them all. You don't have a certain quantity of love to give children that has to be divided every time you add another. He just gives you more. I think it's kind of a miracle. So, just like I did with Connor and Mylie, I already love Mariah SOOOO much. She's such an angel. Here are a few pictures!

Ahh . . . contentment.

BIG yawn!
Mariah's first trip to church. Nine days old.
*How embarrassing! I just had to edit this because I noticed that I had called Mariah Mylie in this last picture. I can't believe how often I have done this, but on the blog?!?
7 comments:
She is so sweet and adorable. I love it when you first bring home a new baby. I always find myself pondering the miracle of each new little spirit that enters our home. It's amazing how quickly you forget your life before them. They just mold themselves right into the family.
She's beautiful, Taffy. And I love what you said about the miracle of love that each new child brings. It never ceases to amaze me how much love one mother's heart can hold. Congratulations!
She really is an angel! I really like what you said about having more love with each child even though you don't have more time. I was really worried about this having the twins but I think you said it exactly right!
She is so beautiful!! I loved holding her this last weekend and I am amazed at the miracle of life. Thanks for coming home this weekend and spending time with us! It was so good to see you and the kids. Wish Tony could have come, too!! See you at the wedding...love ya!
She's so cute! I can't wait for my little girl to get here! And it truly is amazing how you can love each of your children the same!
Hey, I just read further down on your blog and saw that you love to read Richard Paul Evans' books. He's one of my favorites, too; in fact, I know him personally and can always get the books signed, so let me know if you ever want a signed copy of anything. I loved Grace. Rick's an incredible author. Just had to say that.
You have such a cute family Taffy! And your new one is just beautiful! I peak at your blog and it's so fun to see your little family growing! Congratulations!
Post a Comment