Friday, June 5, 2009

Some Random Ramblings

I ordered a new camera. It's a camcorder/camera combo. Our old camera, bought soon after we were married, was still recording onto VHS tapes (What are those?!?). And then with the camera/toilet incident, we just decided to replace both with one. Nice. Now I just have to read the manual so I can use it!

Secondly, I'm TRYING to finish the Twilight series, which I started back in January or so. I'm on the last book, and it is now a month overdue at the library. I'm afraid that whoever is on the list to get it next is cussing me right now. But I'm lacking motivation. I guess I care enough to finish it. I read about 20 pages a day or so, but honestly, what's the big deal about these books? I can think of at least 20 books I've read that I like better than any of the Twilight books. Oh well.

A spin off the Twilight thread now . . . What's with the name Renesmee? I almost puke every time I read it in the book. That and every other name that somebody just made up from some other name. Enough, people!

Finally, something more upbeat. A few Mylie-isms for y'all. Mylie loves helping me do everything. We get a lot of one-on-one time every day because she loves following me around and doing whatever I'm doing. And she says some really cute things while she's helping me. For example, last week we were out working in the yard, and Mylie commented on what a good worker she is. I agreed, and then the conversation continued about Mom being a good worker and Dad being a good worker, and Connor being a good worker ("yeah, at pole vault," Mylie added.) Finally, Mylie concluded the conversation with, "And Mariah's a good TOY-ER." So cute. This afternoon, she helped me plant flowers. She must have noticed me getting information about the flowers from the little labels stuck in the dirt. She asked me how big one type of flower was going to grow. I told her I didn't know. So she pulled out the label, looked at it as if reading, and said confidently, "Seven feet, Mom." Wow, what a flower! Finally, one of my favorites: Mylie loves helping me fold clothes. She often shows off her grasp of the English language by saying, "Mom, you fold that clo (pronounce with a long O sound), and I'll fold this clo." And I guess if we each fold the singular, we will eventually have all the CLOTHES (plural) folded!

It's been a long, crazy week of volleyball camp, summer school (for Connor), T-ball, and trying to get my bazillion flowers, shrubs, and trees planted. More on that later, if I can get my new camera figured out. My bath tub is calling me. AHHHHHH!!!

3 comments:

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy. I love Mylie's phylosophys. So dang cute. I emailed you a coupld days ago let me know if you got the email.

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

I feel the same about the Twilight books. I have read the first two and don't have the desire at all to the read the last two. Love the Mylie-isms. :)

Unknown said...

Lol...I love hearing about your kids, they're so adorably hilarious! And I'm with you about the twilight books. I got through them all, but I hated Bella with a passion in all of them, and isn't she suppose to be the heroin we all like?! And I, too, thought the name Renesmee was ridiculous.