Here is the result:
View of the crib. I already had this crib for all my other babies. It was a hand-me-down from my aunt, and it was starting to look beat up, so last summer I sanded it down and repainted it. Honestly, it was a pain, especially sanding down the spindles, but it turned out looking just like new! I love the bright white.
A close-up view of the canvas I made using newborn pics of Brady, taken by my sister-in-law, Michelle. I love, love, love these precious pictures and really like how nice the canvas turned out.
This shelf came together nicely combining an "I am a Child of God" cross-stitch made by my aunt that was given to me as a baby gift when I was born and an "I am a Child of God" framed print made for Brady by a friend of mine. Add the cute little pig, which matches the farm quilt in the room, and I really like this.
Here is a close-up of the strip-quilt hanging over the edge of the crib. It was my first ever strip quilt, and I really had no instructions at all. It was fun to make, and I might make another one, but better next time since I learned a few things doing this one.
The changing table came with the crib and I also refinished it this summer. The wall-hanging was just a simple fabric panel I thought was cute. I just put some batting and a back on and machine stitched around some of the circles and the edging to give it a quilted look. Very simple.
I found this cute little rocker last spring. It was old and a little beat up. I just sanded it a bit and gave it some fresh, white paint. I also sewed the window valance.
My rocking chair and cross-stitch, both given to me by my mom. The cross-stitch says,
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow,
so calm down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!"
I love this poem, and although the rocker is getting a little old and worn, it is so comfortable for rocking and feeding babies!


Mariah was very excited to help me decorate the room and so she added this beautiful drawing to one of the walls. It's Brady crying, she says. I think I have a budding artist on my hands. :)
And the best part of the nursery: this adorable cherub.
I have fallen in love with this little guy. Can't get enough of him.








5 comments:
I love it! I want to learn how to make one of those strip quilts. And the panel looks adorable. I would have to agree, though, that Brady is the best part of that nursery.
It looks great! It's a perfect gender-neutral nursery!
Good job Taff! It looks so cute.
Love what you did! The color is great and I have to agree that little Brady is the best part. :) What a cutie he is!
He is so cute and squeeze!
Post a Comment