Friday, February 27, 2015

Reading Party!!

Today the kids had a Friday off, so we had a reading party. We've done this several times in the last couple years, and it's always lots of fun.

So, to have a reading party, the first thing you need is an awesome place to read.  We like forts!
You also need some special treats. I bought a few things that the kids love, but I rarely buy. YUM!

Now for the format. Each of the three kids choose one read-aloud book.  They also have one or more books they'd like to read independently.  We do 20 minutes of independent reading, and then I do a read-aloud while they enjoy the first treat. Repeat.  Repeat one more time.  Pretty simple, right?  So, in all, they do an hour of reading on their own, and I read 3 books to them.




The best part??  I get to read a book too!  This is the one I'm currently reading, and it is super interesting.

So, the next time you have a lazy day at home and need a fun way to pass the time, party it up with some good books!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

What an awesome idea Taff!

Tessa said...

That is so much fun! I want a reading party!! :)